The end of the year is nearly upon us and with that comes another chance for a holiday trip. But before you head out, make sure that your vehicle is in tiptop form, and been thoroughly checked and serviced by a trusted auto repair shop.
A holiday trip should be one that’s enjoyable and hassle-free, so you should prepare and plan to avoid any last-minute surprises. On top of your accommodation or tour bookings, begin with making a checklist of things to pack like warm clothing, emergency kits, food and water to take along during the drive.
Prepare to sit for long hours by taking a good rest or exercise before the trip to condition your body. Ensure that your gadgets are working properly especially the ones you use for maps and communications. Make a playlist of good songs that will energize your mood as you drive and to keep your passengers entertained. Keep snacks and drinks for yourself and passengers. If driving with kids, bring their toys to keep them busy and avoid distracting you. Remember, safety is the most important thing to keep in mind when on the road.
When it comes to your car, here are some reminders to help you prepare your vehicle and be ready for a pleasant ride:
- Check your tires for wear and tear, better to use all-season tires
- Check your oil and oil filter
- Check the water level
- Test your wiper blades if they are working perfectly
- Clean your car and put a small garbage bin for your waste
- Ensure that your tools are handy like tire jack and flashlight
- Check that your fire extinguisher is not expired
- Bring absorbent towels and place it within your reach for urgent instances that you may need it
- Pack a plastic funnel and container in your emergency kit for any fluids you may need for your car
- Inspect your jump cables to be in good condition
In preparing your car for a holiday trip, proper maintenance is a must. Visit your trusted auto repair shop and schedule a check on your car and auto transmission. Your car would need extra care before driving hundreds of miles. A professional and well-trained mechanic should do a complete inspection of your auto transmission and overall health of your car.
With your car ready for holiday travel, make sure that you also brush up on your driving skills. If it’s your first time to drive long distances, ask friends and experts for some tips. Better yet, drive with a companion who can take over the driving when you’re tired or sleepy. Speaking of being sleepy, don’t force yourself to continue driving when you’re drowsy. Find a safe place to stop and rest.
Angel’s Transmission and Auto Repair in Mission Viejo has a team of highly qualified technicians and certified mechanics who can assist in caring for your car. Give them a call at (949) 587-9060 and have your car checked and serviced before embarking on your holiday trip.